Unit 1: Musical Me
- How can I make music?
- What kinds of music can I make?
- Where is music in my life?
- Music is all around me.
- I can make my own music using my singing voice and instruments.
- My talking voice, singing voice, whisper voice, and outside voice all sound different and are used for different occasions.
- Use a singing voice
- Follow pitch contour
- Keeping a steady beat
- Talking vs. Singing vs. Silly vs. Whisper vs. Calling Voices (Owl hoots, sirens, ect.)
- Show steady beat with body
- Show steady beat with rhythm sticks/ hand percussion
- Show melodic contour with body
- Echo solfeg: So, Mi, La
- How can we make music together?
- How do we work together as a musical team?
- We will be able to make music together if we work together.
- Moving together, listening, and watching help us stay together as a musical team.
- Listening to each other
- Moving together
- Keeping a steady beat while switching jobs (such as in singing games, clapping games)
- Continue developing singing voices and beat competency
- Rhythm vs. Beat
- Keep beat on hand percussion
- Echo rhythms on hand percussion and colorful xylophones
- Connect solfeg with xylophones (sol mi re do)
- Echo solfeg: Do, Re, Mi, So, La
- Read melodic contour written down
- Keep a steady beat
- Sing in a singing voice
- Demonstrate musical contour
- Demonstrate difference between rhythm and beat